Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients in Charlotte, NC
If you are looking for trusted primary care doctors who are accepting new patients, then visit Dr. Sylvia Okoye, MD, and Dr. Joseph Okoye, MD, at Eastway Medical Clinic, who are dedicated to helping you live a long and healthy life. Contact us for more information or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 1220 Eastway Drive Charlotte, NC 28205.
Table of Contents:
How do I choose a primary care physician?
Is Eastway Medical Clinic accepting new patients for primary care?
Do I need a primary care doctor?
Where can I find top primary care physicians in Charlotte, NC?
If you want to find the right primary care doctor, you should take time to do some research and planning. Your primary care doctor may become your medical home, your go-to person for health care and education. They will be the first person you talk to about sore throats, earaches, sprains, and health maintenance. When health concerns become more serious, they will be the one who refers you to a specialist.
There are many things to consider when choosing a primary care physician.
1. Look for a doctor that meets your needs. There are different types of primary care physicians, such as family practice, general practice, and internal medicine. A family practice will be able to treat people of all ages and are considered generalists. General practice physicians are much like family practice physicians but may include a broader scope of practice. Internal medicine doctors most often treat adults and work with the prevention, diagnosis, and management of chronic conditions.
2. Talk to people you know about which doctor to choose. They can offer some good insights about who may work best with you and for you.
3. Location is important, as are the hours that the office is open. A doctor who is easy to get to and is available when you are will make it much easier for you to use their services. If it is easy to see the doctor, you are more likely to use the services.
4. Visit the doctor that you are thinking about working with. Take the time to find out what they are like. Are they easy to talk to? What is the office like? What is the staff like? This can be a lifelong relationship and you want to be comfortable with the people you are working with.
5. Many people will need to know if the practice is in their insurance network. This can be an important concern when the cost is considered.
Eastway Medical Clinic is accepting new patients. We care about our patients and want to make sure that they are healthy and provide a wide range of services to meet your needs. Our services are performed by highly trained medical staff. You can find us at 1220 Eastway Drive Charlotte, NC 28205.
You don’t necessarily need a primary care doctor but having one is much more beneficial than not having one. A primary care physician may be the doctor that you have known for many years, the one you go to first for health questions and concerns.
When you have a primary care doctor, they get to know you, your lifestyle, and your medical history. They can make the correct diagnosis for you, rather than a doctor you have never seen before. A primary care doctor will take the time to do annual checks on your health and make recommendations that will help prevent serious health issues from developing. If you have a chronic health concern, like diabetes or high blood pressure, they will be there to help you.
In the long run, a primary care physician will save you money, by helping you stay healthy and also by treating you at an early stage. The need for more expensive medical care and medications will also be reduced. Having a primary care physician that you can turn to can prevent trips to specialists or the emergency room.
Eastway Medical Clinic has primary care doctors who are dedicated to helping you live a long and healthy life. We are open 6 days a week and are taking new patients in Charlotte, NC. We are conveniently located at 1220 Eastway Drive Charlotte, NC 28205. For more information, please contact us or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Charlotte NC, Newell NC, Mint Hill NC, Matthews NC, Allen NC, Harrisburg NC, and surrounding cities.