Reasons to Seek Urgent Care Visit Q&A
An urgent care clinic offers non-emergency medical services in a timely and convenient manner. Eastway Medical Urgent Care provides longer hours as well as a wide range of services, including diagnostic and minor procedures. By selecting Eastway Medical, you can obtain timely and effective treatment for your urgent healthcare requirements in a convenient location. Dr. Sylvia Okoye, MD, and Dr. Joseph Okoye, MD at Eastway Medical, provide you with the top services. We are conveniently located at 1220 Eastway Drive Charlotte, NC 28205. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Urgent care centers have become increasingly popular in recent years, providing a convenient and cost-effective alternative to emergency room visits. These centers are designed to treat non-life-threatening medical conditions that require immediate attention.
Urgent care centers are equipped to treat a wide range of medical conditions, including respiratory infections, gastrointestinal problems, and minor injuries. Respiratory infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia are common reasons for seeking medical attention in urgent care centers. These infections can cause symptoms such as coughing, fever, and difficulty breathing, which can be treated with medication and other forms of therapy. Gastrointestinal problems such as food poisoning and dehydration can also be treated in urgent care centers. These conditions can cause symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, which can be managed with medication and fluids. Minor injuries such as cuts, sprains, and fractures can also be treated in urgent care centers, where patients can receive X-rays, stitches, and other forms of treatment.
One of the main benefits of seeking medical attention in urgent care centers is the short wait times and convenient hours. Patients can typically be seen within a few hours, and many centers are open on weekends and holidays. Another benefit of urgent care centers is that they are cost-effective compared to emergency room visits. Patients can save money on co-pays and other fees and avoid the long wait times and high costs associated with emergency room visits. Additionally, urgent care centers provide access to medical professionals with specialized training, such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants, who can provide high-quality care.
While urgent care centers can provide immediate medical attention for a variety of conditions, there are times when it is necessary to seek emergency care instead. Chest pain or pressure, severe shortness of breath, and severe bleeding are all serious medical conditions that require immediate attention. These conditions can be life-threatening, and patients should immediately seek emergency care. Additionally, if a patient is experiencing symptoms such as confusion, seizures, or loss of consciousness, they should seek emergency care immediately.
Urgent health issues in adults that need urgent care:
• Bleeding that will not stop
• Breathing problems (difficulty breathing, shortness of breath)
• Change in mental status (such as unusual behaviour, confusion, difficulty arousing)
• Chest pain or discomfort lasting for two minutes or more
• Coughing up or vomiting blood
• Weak or ineffective coughing
• Fainting or loss of consciousness
• The feeling of committing suicide or murder
• Head or spine injury
• Severe or persistent vomiting
• Sudden injury due to a motor vehicle accident, burns or smoke inhalation, near drowning, a deep or large wound, or other injuries
• Sudden, severe pain anywhere in the body
• Sudden dizziness, weakness, or change in vision
• Swallowing a poisonous substance
• Severe abdominal pain or pressure
• Unusual headache
• Inability to speak
• Swelling of the face, eyes, or tongue
• Bluish skin colour (cyanosis)
Urgent health issues in children that need urgent care:
• A significant change in mental status (such as unusual behaviour, confusion, irritability)
• Lack of alertness or diminished response
• Increased sleepiness
• Unable to stand or walk
• Trouble or abnormal breathing
• Difficulty in eating or feeding
• The bluish or grey coloration of the skin (cyanosis)
• Fever followed by a change in mental status, stiffness in the neck or back
• Unstoppable bleeding
The most common urgent health care conditions that we often treat include:
• Flu or fever
• Dehydration, diarrhea, or vomiting
• Eye redness and irritation
• Strains and sprains
• Urinary tract infections
• Falls and accidents
• Moderate back issues
• Breathing difficulties, like mild or moderate asthma
• Severe cough or sore throat
• Minor fractures and broken bones in the toes and fingers
• Skin infections and rashes
• Cuts with minimal bleeding that don’t require stitches
Urgent medical issues require medical attention within 24 hours but do not have to be emergencies.
Hospital emergency rooms provide 24-hour medical services and treat the injured with the utmost care. These units are well-equipped and staffed to handle critical and complex medical needs.
This includes life-threatening events such as strokes and post-accident trauma.
When your illness or injury can’t wait to see your GP or is past working hours, emergency departments offer walk-in facilities to bridge the gap.
Emergency room personnel typically include nurses, orderlies, physicians, and physician assistants. These healthcare providers may order imaging and laboratory tests to aid in diagnosis and treatment planning.
Emergency rooms have short wait times and are usually less expensive than emergency rooms.
Life can be pretty unexpected, and urgent cares are available to help when the unexpected happens. We are conveniently located at 1220 Eastway Drive Charlotte, NC 28205. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We serve patients from Charlotte NC, Harrisburg NC, Concord NC, Mint Hill NC, Matthews NC, Belmont NC, Pineville NC, Kannapolis NC, Monroe NC, Gastonia, NC, and Mt Holly NC.